Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Re-release of Pretty U.G.L.Y Poetry album



I came out with this in like 03. I had just met the now legendary Kahari Lemuel before he decided to be a mad vocalist and he was just singing in a low voice and playing the cello. I not only gained a brother and a friend during the time he produced this album but an undying respect for musicians as a whole. This dude was my age 21 or 22 at the time and he could play everything(I mean ya mutha fuckn toes and nipples to). I was heavy in this Chicago poetry and still forming and becoming the artist I am today. I was blues and Nina Simone influenced which you can hear all through the album, my first album. This Pretty U.G.L.Y album is my only poetry project since then I haven't felt immersed enough in the craft to do another, until lately(Maybe). This is and will always be in my opinion the best project I've ever done. It's raw and real and I felt every bit of it and I thought I should release on the net for those folks after a poetry show come to me and ask for merch only to go to a bandcamp filled with rappity rap raps and emo songs. The original album had 14 tracks but this re-release is mainly focused on the love section of the project. Enjoy and download.

No comments:

Post a Comment